[HowTo?] VTE CRM upgrade, from 4.3.1 to 4.4.1

More
20 Apr 2013 13:10 #2843 by michele.pagnozzi
Hello all,
I'm asking for your help or suggestions about how to upgrade a VTE installation (v4.3.1) to the latest one.
I remember that, for last update steps, it was possible to download the "full" version of VTE installer from the site (linked to Google Code) and, instead, the "upgrade" package version was linked directly in a popup, inside VTE HomePage, as update proposal.
Indeed, I also remember that, in the "update" package version there were particular PHP scripts that allowed to start the upgrade procedure.
Is it now the same (= also for 4.4.1, there are 2 kind of installer package) or, in the last version, the full installer is used for upgrades too ?

In my situation, I'm stuck with my v4.3.1 installation (VTE requires to be reactivated, but when I try to do that, I obtain the error message:

"Errore chiave. Verificare che il numero utenti non sia oltre il numero consentito."
"Key Error. Verify that the number of users is not beyond the number allowed."

Someone suggested me to update the CRM version, as 1st, but... I don't know how :-/

Thanks for your help.
Bye!

MP

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
More
22 Apr 2013 20:37 #2847 by michele.pagnozzi
Thanks Mapo, for your help.
I saw that, in the page you linked me, this note is reported:

"This procedure is only for VTE 4.* Standard."

but, the URL starts with "vte4free." ..... is it valid also for Free edition of VTE CRM ?

(Now I'm upgrading it however... I made a backup of both DB and WebServer share... let's see :) ).....

More
22 Apr 2013 21:16 #2848 by michele.pagnozzi
It seems that something went bad.
After the upgrade (completed, it seems, without any error), browsing on the CRM Homepage, this error is returned:

CGIWrap Error: Execution of this script not permitted

Execution of (htdocs/public/crm/modules/Morphsuit/RequestMorphsuit.php) is not permitted for the following reason:

Script is group writable.

Server Data:

Server Administrator/Contact: [no address given] Server Name: ***.*******.** Server Port: 80 Server Protocol: HTTP/1.0 Virtual Host: ***.*******.**

Request Data:

User Agent/Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; Trident/6.0) Request Method: GET Remote Address: 87.8.251.127 Remote Port: 52481 Query String: morph_mode=installation

As indicated, I deleted Smarty/templates_c and smartoptimizer/cache contents.

How to solve?
(Meanwhile, I'm restoring a backup)....

More
27 Apr 2013 10:26 #2850 by mapokid
Give apache all the right and permissions for all the VTE folder and files recursively and also give to folder modules/Morphsuit permissions 777.

More
01 May 2013 13:05 #2852 by michele.pagnozzi
I'm sorry but it seems that your last suggest was wrong.

Indeed, after applying the CHMOD 777 ACL level to the Morphsuit folder (and contents, recursively), the error message "Script is group writable." was still present.

Trying to remediate understanding what the error message said (= removing GROUP write permission), the error message changed to "Script is world writable."

Now, applying CHMOD 755 ACL level (instead of 777) it seems that the web interface is working correctly again ... I'm waiting for login data from my customer (in order to reactivate the product). After, I'll write a confirmation here.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds