Problem moving VTE Free 4.4.1 install to another server

More
14 May 2013 13:55 #2867 by rambrosio
Hi there,
The company I work for, recently started to use VTE CRM free edition. I set up one of our servers to run the CRM last version (4.4.1) and make a DB backup copy on a daily basis using mysqldump. Obviously our server went cuckoo in less than a month and now I'm stucked trying to restore our VTE install from the DB backup copy. Here's what I tried so far:

1. Install a fresh copy of VTE free;
2. Import the entire DB from my backup copy;

this seems to work, except that when I log in as admin the CRM tells me that some functionalities will be disabled because another copy of the software is already installed for this user. Now, as far as I know, the 4.4.1 version of VTE Free can be installed on different systems un unlimited number of times; so my guess is that restoring the entire DB breaks something by, for example, writing some unique instance identifier in an unkwown table. I've tried to figure out witch table and failed. Has anyone solved a similar issue?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2013 09:34 #2868 by menonmat
Hi,
I've got the same problem, anytime I'm logging in VTE disables functionality because another copy of the software is already installed for this user.
I tried to force the reactivation form, I can reactivate VTE without problems but when I logout the next time I'm logging in the problem is still here.

Any idea?

Thanks

More
15 May 2013 10:17 #2869 by rambrosio
I solved it! I found the table storing the activation infos; its "tbl_s_morphsuit" and a key is also stored in "vte_wsapp". This is what worked for me (hope it helps):

1. Do a clean VTE install;

2. Go through the normal activation process (DO NOT import your DB yet);

3. Now access the newly created DB (using PHPMyAdmin, MYSQLWorkbench or similar) found the tables I mentioned and copy the codes somewhere safe;

4. Now import your DB overriding the new one completely.

5. Access your DB and change the old keys with the ones you recovered before (from the clean install).

6. Log in with your admin user and thats it.

I should point out that this method doesn't solve the problem entirely, because it breaks any user you had before except the Admin one. You'll have to recreate all your users manually, still was a good solution for me.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds