Industry is read only

More
26 Nov 2020 10:34 #3642 by tonyb@mobunti.co.uk
Hi

Ive just recently installed vtenext after having reviewed dozens of crms to find what i'm looking for and I think vte might be it! However when I go to the Accounts screen and click to edit, the "Industry" is read only - whether I am creating a new record or editing an existing record. the only thing I think Ive done with Industry is added 4 more industry types and moved them towards the top of the list. Im logged in as an admin as well. What might cause this and how can I fix it? Im not so far in that wiping and reinstalling isnt an option but I obviously don't want to lose the settings etc Ive created.

Also a side question - is it possible to change the columns of data that appear on the lists ? Id like to include the industry on the account list and remove the assigned user. Is that possible ?

Thanks

Tony

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2020 11:30 #3643 by dende
Replied by dende on topic Industry is read only
Hi Tony,
did you checked that Industry is not checked as readonly on your user profile ?
Second, yes you can make a new filter on the module with all field needed and check it as default.
Regards
Denis

More
01 Dec 2020 18:06 #3645 by UKTony
Replied by UKTony on topic Industry is read only
Denis

Thank you for your reply. I believe I may have accidentally set the drop down list to not be managed (or to be managed?). Either way, it was safer at the time to install a fresh system and start again. Thank you for the information on the filter. I had thought that a filter meant filtering the data and not filtering as well as choosing the columns, I am starting to understand things now. I've had to sign up with another account as my previous account got rejected for forum use for some reason

Tony

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds